Here are some commonly asked questions about Create T3 App.
We try to keep this project as simple as possible, so you can start with just the scaffolding we set up for you, and add additional things later when they become necessary.
If you are not familiar with the different technologies used in this project, please refer to the respective docs. If you still are in the wind, please join our Discord↗ and ask for help.
Create T3 App is a scaffolding tool, not a framework. This means that once you initialize an app, it’s yours. There is no postinstall CLI tool similar to help you stay up to date. If you want to keep track of any improvements we make to the template, you could enable notifications for releases↗ on our repository. That being said it is not really necessary to implement every change we make to the template in your app.
Although the resources listed below are some of the best that exist for the T3 Stack, the community (and Theo↗) recommend that you just start using the stack and learn along the way by building with it.
If you are considering Create T3 App, chances are you might have already used some of the parts of the stack. So why not just dive in head first and learn the other parts while you build something?
Now, we realize this path doesn’t work for everyone. So, if you feel like you’ve tried the recommendation and would still like some resources, or you just aren’t confident doing it by yourself and/or feel overwhelmed by the stack, checkout these awesome tutorials on Create T3 App:
Some of these might be outdated.
- A first look at Create T3 App↗
- Migrating your T3 App into a Turborepo↗
- Integrating Stripe into your T3 App↗
- T3 Stack Tutorial - FROM 0 TO PROD FOR $0 (Next.js, tRPC, TypeScript, Tailwind, Prisma & More)↗ (recommended)
- Jack Herrington - Build a Note Taking app with the T3 Stack↗
- Build a Twitter Clone with the T3 Stack - tRPC, Next.js, Prisma, Tailwind & Zod↗
- Build a Blog With the T3 Stack - tRPC, TypeScript, Next.js, Prisma & Zod↗
- Build a Live Chat Application with the T3 Stack - TypeScript, Tailwind, tRPC↗
- The T3 Stack - How We Built It↗
- An overview of the Create T3 App (Next, Typescript, Tailwind, tRPC, Next-Auth)↗
As per T3-Axiom #3, we treat typesafety as a first class citizen. Unfortunately, not all frameworks and plugins support TypeScript which means some of the configuration files have to be
mjs) depending on what’s supported by the library it is used by. Also, all the
js files in this project are still typechecked using a checkJs option in the compiler (tsconfig).
We have decided against including i18n by default in
create-t3-app because it’s a very opinionated topic and there are many ways to implement it.
As per T3-Axiom #2, we love bleeding edge stuff but value stability, your entire router is hard to port, not a great place to bleed↗. While
/app is a glimpse into the future↗, it’s not ready for production; The API is in beta and expected to have breaking changes.
For a list of supported, planned, and worked on features in the
visit the beta Next.js